Counselling Prices, Booking and Session Policies and Information
Appointment/Session Fees (excluding VOCAT, Victims Assist)
- We have a range of ways you can see our psychologists, and can advise you on how to claim rebates to reduce your out of pocket appointment fees.
- We provide individual counselling, phone counselling, online video counselling, couples counselling / relationship counselling and family counselling.
- We also offer coaching, including career coaching, performance coaching and executive coaching.
- We also offer after-hours sessions, by appointment.
Please contact us now, to talk about your needs and goals, and we will recommend a therapist and confirm your session costs.
Standard Hours of Practice in our Townsville Office for Counselling and Psychology services (extended hours by appointment are shown in brackets)
- Monday: 8.00am-5.00pm (extented hours: 5pm to 6pm)
- Tuesday: 8.00am-5.00pm (extended hours: 5pm to 6pm)
- Wednesday: 8.00am-5.00pm (extended hours: 5pm to 6pm)
- Thursday: 8.00am-5.00pm (extended hours: 5pm to 6pm)
- Friday: 8.00am to 5.00pm (extended hours 7am to 8am)
- Saturday: Closed.
- Sunday: Closed.
GP Referrals and Medicare Rebates
GP referrals are not required to see a psychologist, however they are welcome. If you are referred to Be Psyched by your GP through a Mental Health Treatment Plan, you are able to receive a Medicare rebate of $84.80 per standard session, for up to 10 allied health services in a calendar year. Ask us how on (07) 4420 2191.
Private Health Insurance
You are welcome to use your Private Health Insurance. We can process your Private Health Insurance onsite, or alternatively, we can give you everything you need to be able to submit your claim via email. All health insurers are different, and we recommend that you contact yours to ascertain your rebate. The following Private Health Insurances for Psychology and Counselling services are able to be processed onsite:
Budget Direct Health
CBHS Corproate Health
Frank Health Insurance
Teachers Health Fund
WorkCover, VOCAT, Victims Assist
You can access our psychologists through WorkCover, VOCAT and Victims Assist at no charge to you. Please provide your claim number at the time of booking, along with any other relevant documentation e.g. Workers Compensation Medical Certificate (if you have been referred by your GP).